IUPE Congress, under the scope of the UN’s New Urban Agenda, that specifically addresses the theme of Managing Change, will be held in Tartu, Estonia July 29th – August 2nd, 2022.
- Conference program
- Abstract submission Deadline February 14, 2022
Many countries around the world are facing water and energy crises, and migration brings demographic and cultural change. The rapid increase in tourism, speculative real estate investments, and gentrification are adding increasing pressures to manage and control development while still creating a quality environment of housing, economic opportunities and infrastructure for residents and visitors alike. New planning and research methods such as simulation modeling and improved mapping bring new opportunities to understand and project responses to change.
This event will be an opportunity to discuss the way that different countries, with different cultural and political heritages, are approaching the change in five domains:
- Climate Change, Energy and Resiliency
- Public Health, Mobility and Food Access
- Sustainable Development, Social Cohesion and Environmental Protection
- Smart Growth, Technology (e-Governance) and Automation
- Innovation in Planning Methods, Tools and Techniques
This conference will also allow to share and learn from international professional and share noteworthy practices on how we can plan and manage changes affecting our built and social environment. In this sense, on the second day will be held some workshops.